Welcome to The Akron Chess Club!
Ohio's largest chess player venue invites you to visit and enjoy.
We hope you will find The Akron Chess Club to be a congenial place for you to come and play the Royal Game. Here you will find many chess players of all abilities and interests, from novice to intermediate to Master.
Whether you prefer just a casual game or two on a Saturday afternoon or are here for serious tournament play, we can accommodate you.
If this is your first visit to our new web site you will find that we have added several new features including:
- The ability to play chess against your computer!
- The ability to study and "play through" previous Akron Chess Club games.
- Flash videos demonstrating a variety of chess software.
- Several Chess book, video, and software reviews.
- Basic chess rules and moves explained and demonstrated.
- Interesting information on several famous chess players.
The ACC provides its members with a full schedule of activities each month, ranging from tournaments to instructional clinics, to teach matches, to casual chess playing. Members can choose their level of participation ranging from social to serious chess play.
Following is a listing of some of our activities:
- Monthly O-B-T tournaments at various time controls.
- Sponsor correspondence chess tournaments.
- Sponsor e-mail chess matches between members.
- Provide Members with our extensive library of chess instructional videos, books, and periodicals.
- Maintain the ACC chess rating system for Members to track their tournament progress.
- Enable Members to buy chess equipment and instructional books at discount prices.
- Publish monthly newsletters for Members, including tournament results and Members games analysis and annotations.
The Akron Chess Club meets every Saturday year round.
You Are Here: Home >